What you’ll learn
Amazon Live is a program offered by Amazon.com that allows brands, sellers, and influencers to create live streaming video content to showcase and promote products directly to Amazon customers.
It’s a platform that combines e-commerce with livestreams, providing an interactive and engaging way for sellers to connect with potential buyers.
Whether you are interested in livestreaming or not, Amazon livestreams need to be on top of your advertising list, as live video stream “showed significant influence on customer trust and intention to watch and purchase.”
What are the Key Features of Amazon Live?
Key features and aspects of Amazon Live include:
- Livestream: Sellers can create live video broadcasts where they can talk about and demonstrate their products in real-time. These videos can cover a range of topics, from product features and benefits to tutorials and behind-the-scenes content.
- Interactive Engagement: One of the strengths of Amazon Live is its interactive nature. Viewers can engage with the content by asking questions, leaving comments, participating in polls, and more. This real-time interaction helps create a sense of community and engagement.
- Product Integration: During the live stream, clickable product tiles are displayed alongside the video. These tiles feature product images, names, prices, and a “Shop Now” button that leads viewers directly to the product’s Amazon listing, making it easy for viewers to make purchases based on what they see in the video.
- Cross-Promotion: Sellers can showcase multiple products within a single live stream. This enables cross-promotion and can lead to increased visibility for various items in their product lineup.
- Shopping Experience: Amazon Live offers a seamless shopping experience. Viewers can shop for products they see in the video without leaving the stream. This integration enhances the convenience for shoppers.
- Seller Engagement: Amazon Live allows brands and sellers to directly interact with their audience. This enables them to address questions, provide product information, and create a personalized shopping experience.
- Discovery and Brand Exposure: Amazon Live can help sellers reach a wider audience and increase their brand exposure. Live streams are visible on the Amazon Live page, the Amazon mobile app, and on product detail pages.
- Metrics and Insights: Sellers can access performance metrics and insights, including views, clicks, and engagement rates, to understand the effectiveness of their live streams and make data-driven decisions.
- Events and Occasions: Amazon Live can be used for various purposes, including product launches, promotional events, holiday specials, and more.
How can you Benefit from Using Amazon Live
Whether you are an Amazon influencer or a seller, Amazon video livestream can provide significant benefits to your business or PR. Shoppers watch and take advantage of Amazon livestreaming as they want to see and know what actually the product is and what it can do.
But as an influencer or brand, here are some benefits and advantages of using Amazon Live:
- Increased Product Visibility: Amazon Live provides a platform for brands and sellers to showcase their products through live video streaming. This can help increase the visibility of your products among Amazon customers.
- Engagement and Interactivity: Live streaming enables direct interaction with your audience in real-time. Viewers can ask questions, provide feedback, and engage in polls, creating a more interactive and engaging shopping experience.
- Product Demonstrations: Live streaming allows you to demonstrate your products in action. This can be particularly useful for products that benefit from visual demonstrations, showing how they work, how they’re used, and their features.
- Authenticity and Transparency: Live videos can help build trust with customers as they see real people presenting products and answering questions. This can contribute to a sense of authenticity and transparency in your brand’s communication.
- Real-time Feedback: Through the live chat feature, you can receive real-time feedback from viewers. This can help you understand customer preferences, concerns, and interests, which can be valuable for refining your offerings.
- Cross-Promotion: Amazon Live provides an opportunity to cross-promote products. You can feature multiple products during a single live stream, helping customers discover related items they might be interested in.
- Drive Sales: The interactive nature of Amazon Live, with clickable product tiles, can drive direct sales. Viewers can click on the products showcased in the video and proceed to make a purchase seamlessly.
- New Product Launches: Amazon Live can be used to launch new products or product lines. You can generate excitement and anticipation by unveiling products in real-time to a live audience.
- Educational Content: Use Amazon Live to educate customers about your products, their benefits, and how they can be used effectively. This can help potential customers make more informed purchasing decisions.
- Building a Community: Consistent live streaming can help you build a loyal audience and community around your brand. Regular viewers can become advocates and contribute to word-of-mouth marketing.
- Access to Analytics: Amazon Live provides performance metrics, including views, clicks, and engagement rates. This data can offer insights into the effectiveness of your live streams and audience preferences.
- Ad Placement: Amazon Live might provide opportunities to place your live streams on relevant product detail pages, enhancing the discoverability of your content and products.
How can you Create Amazon Live Streams?
Not anyone can be eligible to use Amazon Live. Sellers and Influencers need to know the guidelines to be able to use this feature.
So here’s the general outline of how to use and create an Amazon Live stream:
- Eligibility: To use Amazon Live, you typically need to be a registered seller on Amazon and have a Professional Selling Plan. Different regions and categories might have varying eligibility requirements, so check the specifics for your situation.
- Amazon Seller Central: Log in to your Amazon Seller Central account.
- Create a Live Event:
- Navigate to the “Advertising” section in Seller Central.
- Look for the “Amazon Live Creator” or similar option. This is where you can create and manage your live events.
- Follow the prompts to set up your live event. You might need to provide details such as the event name, description, date, and time.
- Plan Your Content:
- Decide on the type of content you want to showcase during your live stream. This could include product demonstrations, Q&A sessions, tutorials, etc.
- Prepare any products you want to feature in your stream. You’ll be able to add product information and links to your Amazon listings.
- Setup Equipment:
- Ensure you have the necessary equipment for live streaming, such as a good quality camera, microphone, and stable internet connection.
- Amazon’s Live Creator platform might also offer tools to enhance your live stream’s quality and engagement.
- Go Live:
- When the scheduled time arrives, start your live stream.
- Engage with your audience, showcase your products, and discuss their features.
- Interact with Viewers:
- Encourage viewers to ask questions and engage with your content.
- Use interactive features like polls to involve your audience and gather feedback.
- Promote Products:
- During your live stream, you can feature clickable product tiles that viewers can interact with to get more information and make purchases.
How can you Use Amazon Live for Prime Shopping Day?
Using “Amazon Live” for Amazon Prime Day can be a strategic move for many sellers and brands. Amazon Prime Day is a highly anticipated shopping event where Amazon offers significant discounts and deals exclusively for Prime members. It’s a day when millions of shoppers flock to the platform, and using Amazon Live during this time can offer several benefits:
- Increased Visibility: Prime Day attracts a massive influx of shoppers to Amazon. By conducting live streams on Prime Day, you can tap into this increased traffic and capture the attention of potential customers.
- Showcasing Deals: Live streaming can be an effective way to highlight the deals and discounts you’re offering for Prime Day. You can walk viewers through the products on sale, explaining their features and value.
- Real-time Engagement: Capitalize on the real-time engagement Amazon Live offers. During your live stream, you can answer questions, address concerns, and provide immediate feedback to potential buyers.
- Demonstrations and Tutorials: Use live streaming to demonstrate your products in action. This is particularly useful if your products have unique features or require visual explanations. It can help customers understand how your products can enhance their lives.
- Promotions and Limited-Time Offers: If you’re running flash sales or limited-time promotions for Prime Day, you can announce them during your live stream, creating a sense of urgency and encouraging immediate purchases.
- Cross-Promotion: If you have multiple products on sale, you can use Amazon Live to cross-promote them. Mention related products that viewers might also be interested in, potentially increasing the average order value.
- Building Hype: Use live streaming to build excitement in the lead-up to Prime Day. Tease the upcoming deals, create anticipation, and encourage viewers to tune in on the day itself.
- Direct Sales: Amazon Live’s interactive features, including clickable product tiles, enable viewers to make purchases directly from the live stream. This can lead to immediate sales and conversions.
- Feedback and Insights: Prime Day can provide valuable insights into customer preferences and behavior. Engage with viewers during your live stream and gain feedback that can inform future strategies.
🗣️ Pro Tip: Amazon Live for Amazon Prime Day can be a strategic move for many sellers and brands.
However, keep in mind that successful Amazon Live streaming requires careful planning and execution. Here are a few tips to consider:
- Prepare in Advance: Plan your content, script, and product showcases well ahead of Prime Day.
- Promote Ahead of Time: Let your audience know that you’ll be live streaming on Prime Day. Build anticipation and share the schedule.
- Engage with Viewers: Interact with viewers in real time. Answer questions, respond to comments, and create a lively and engaging atmosphere.
- Quality Production: Ensure your live stream has good video and audio quality. A well-lit and clear presentation can significantly enhance the viewer experience.
- CTA (Call to Action): Encourage viewers to take action, whether it’s making a purchase, visiting your storefront, or subscribing for updates.
- Monitor Performance: Track key performance metrics provided by Amazon Live to evaluate the success of your streams and gather insights for future improvements.
Getting the Most out of the Amazon.com Amazon Live
As a customer, the first thing that comes to mind when buying the product is, does it work?
Customers would also wonder whether what is shown in the ad or the packaging is the same as when they receive it.
Doing live streams and showing what the product actually looks like can definitely boost customer trust in your product or brand. That’s why Amazon Live is an opportunity that you should, at the very least, check out.
Want more detailed Amazon guides and tactics to boost sales?
Be the first to know when a new guide is published and how we are implementing it into our business.